Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins


Josiah was begging me to make muffins yesterday. I didn't feel like looking for a recipe, so I decided to make one up myself. I am VERY happy with how these turned out...they are DELICIOUS! They went really fast as well. I will have to make them again:-)

2 ¼ cups whole wheat flour mix (equal parts whole wheat flour, white flour and wheat germ)
1 Tbsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¼ cup coconut oil
¼ cup applesauce
½ cup milk
½ cup canned pumpkin
½ cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 egg

Preheat oven to 350. Prepare a muffin tin (recipe makes 12 muffins). Mix together dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and mix together until just moistened (do NOT overmix). Bake at 375 for 18 – 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment