Sunday, January 10, 2010

Spicy Oven Baked Spare Ribs

Heath's grandma gave us spare ribs as part of our Christmas gift. I haven’t eaten spare ribs since I was 10 years old! I had no idea what to do with them. I would have cooked them on the grill, but it is -20 degrees outside with 6 feet of snow on the ground! I found this recipe on cooks.com, but have adapted it to make it my own. The ribs were sticky and slightly sweet and I thought that they were just delicious! Heath, Caitlyn and I really enjoyed them. Josiah…being the picky and temperamental eater that he is…would not touch them. His loss…

• 4 lbs spareribs
• 1 cup vinegar
• 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
• 1 teaspoon powdered mustard
• 1 teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon paprika
• Hot sauce (to taste)
• Garlic (to taste)

Cook spareribs in a shallow roasting pan at 300⁰F for about an hour. Boil remaining ingredients in small saucepan for 15 minutes. After the ribs have cooked for an hour, set oven to broil and baste ribs with sauce. Broil for about 15-20 minutes, continually basting with sauce so they don’t dry out.

No comments:

Post a Comment