Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Bacon Quiche



I wanted to make something special for breakfast on New Year's Day, but I did not want to be in the kitchen all morning. I made this the night before and we just heated it up for breakfast and added some fresh fruit to complete the meal. I made this recipe up off the top of my head. Next time I will add some mushrooms.

1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
6 eggs
½ cup milk
6 slices bacon, cooked and diced
1 cup cheese
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning

Lay the puff pastry into a pie plate and roll down edges. Beat eggs through Italian seasoning in medium bowl and pour into pastry. Bake at 375 for about 45 minutes. Let sit 10 minutes before serving. This is an easy dish to make the night ahead and serve for breakfast or brunch. Can be eaten cold and warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment