Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Turtle Cheesecake





I made this cheesecake for my father-in-law's birthday dinner and it was DELICIOUS! I don't usually like cheesecake, but I wanted to go back for seconds:-)

Crust:
1 ¾ cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup melted butter
Filling:
3 x 8-oz packages cream cheese, softened
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
½ cup sugar
3 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Topping:
Caramel syrup (about 1 cup)
Whipped cream
Pecan pieces
Chocolate syrup (about 2 tablespoons)

Crust:
Combine crumbs and butter in medium bowl. Press onto bottom and 1 inch up side of prepared springform pan.
Filling:
Beat cream cheese and condensed milk until smooth. Add sugar, eggs and vanilla; beat until combined. Melt chocolate chips in microwave until they stir smooth. Stir in 2 cups cheesecake batter into melted morsels and mix well. Alternately spoon batters into crust, beginning and ending with yellow batter. Bake about 70 minutes, or until edge is set and center moves slightly. Store overnight in fridge.
Serve:
Place on serving plate. Spread with caramel syrup and place in fridge for about 30 minutes to harden. Cover with whipped cream and drizzle with chocolate syrup and pecan pieces.

2 comments:

  1. Is this what Mark brought home from the party?? It was soooooo yummy!! I love cheesecake and this one was great! I will probably make it sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, that is the one. I did not know you liked Cheesecake! I usually don't, but I really enjoyed this one!

    ReplyDelete