Thursday, December 3, 2009

Homemade Larabars


My friend, Jen, introduced me to Larabars when I was pregnant with Josiah. They are basically made up of pureed dates, nuts and a few additional mix-ins. They are delicious, but rather pricey. I found this recipe online and have adapted it to become my own.

Homemade Larabars
makes 4 bars
4 Tablespoon dates, pureed
3 Tablespoons crushed almonds
2 Tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg

Pit dates and puree in food processor until they become a sticky mass. Add dry ingredients and mix together with hands. Place mixture on a piece of wax paper, cover with another piece of wax paper, and mash down into a square using hands or back of cutting board or other flat object. Cut into squares and store in fridge.

Recipe adapted from www.passionatehomemaking.com

No comments:

Post a Comment