Thursday, December 10, 2009

Chicken Peanut Curry

My family ate a lot of curry growing up, but I NEVER liked it. I think it was because they always made hot Indian curry and I could never quite get used to the flavor. I have found that I really enjoy the sweeter Thai curries. This curry is absolutely delicious. Caitlyn REALLY enjoyed it. I mixed it with some squash for her and she gobbled it all up and wanted more.

Chicken Peanut Curry
Ingredients
• 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk
• 2 tablespoons red curry paste
• 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
• 4 teaspoons sugar
• 4 teaspoons soy sayce
• 4 chicken breasts
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 1 onion chopped
• Cornstarch
Directions
In a medium sauce pan heat coconut milk, curry paste, peanut butter, sugar, and soy sauce until they come to a very small boil.
Set aside and cool adding cornstarch to thicken.
While the sauce is cooling, stir fry 1 chopped onion and 1 T minced garlic.
Cut up chicken into small pieces and stir fry with the onion and garlic until chicken is cooked through.
Combine the garlic, onion and chicken with the sauce and heat.
Spoon the chicken peanut curry over rice and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment